Internet Mental Health Resources For The Consumer/ Survivor
Suicide Issues and sites.
Mailing Lists and Related Information
World Wide Web sites
Other Mental Health Information Sites.
- The World Health Organization's Health-related Web Sites
- Healthnet's Current Medical and Health Resources, Canada
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Addiction Research Foundation Bibliographies ------------Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Canadian Mental Health Association (Toronto) -----------Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Community Health Centre Project, Edmonton/St. Hubert, Alberta
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (USA)
- Links to Medical and Mental Health Help, Texas, USA
- Internet Psychology Resources at the Well, California, USA
- Women's Internet Health Resources (includes mental health) at the U of Michigan, USA
- Emotional Support Guide
- The Cornucopia of Disability Information
- Web of Addictions
- Health Sites on Compuserve, Prodigy and BBS Systems
- General Psychology Information at Einet
- Background Materials; Reducing Risks for Mental Disorders
- Psychology Web (largely academic)
- Psychology Search (largely academic)
- WWW Virtual Library: Biosciences, Harvard University, USA
- Psychology Gopher Resource List
- Psychiatry Online, UK
Searching..???? The Web for More Information
- The Yahoo Index
One of the largest searchable guides to information on the Internet, located in California, USA
- Browse the current listing of Mental Health Resources on Yahoo
- Where to Announce Your Web Pages ----------------CUI's Searchable W3 Catalog
- The O'Reilly Global Network Navigator ------------WebCrawler
- The WWW Virtual Library ----------------------------FAQ: Wide Area Information Search [Ohio]
- Veronica (Global Gopher Menu Searches)
- Usenet Newsgroups, Mailing Lists, FAQs and Related Information This large collection of hypertext FAQs at Ohio State, USA the site is often busy.
- Psychology/Support Newsgroups, Carleton U, Ottawa, Canada
- Psychology and Support Groups Newsgroup Pointer [MIT]
- Support Guide to Newsgroups, U of Michigan, USA
- Physical Loss Newsgroup Resource List, U of Michigan, USA
- Psychology Newsgroup List, Stanford University, California, USA
Yahoo Mental Health Resources --------------------------------- Psychology Web Pointer
Dr. John Grohol's Mental Health Page, ------------------------- Internet Links page of Vancouver, B.C.'s
Internet Mental Health, --------------------------------------------Top Mental Health Sites
Policy Information Exchange,
Mental Health Resources on the Internet page of the United States government's Department of Health and Human Services (National Mental Health Services)
Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN) --------- Bell Sympatico General Mental Health Resources web page.
International reference sites.
Japan,------Australia------- Poland, ------- United Kingdom,------ Switzerland ------ Austria.
RadPsyNet. This is Radical Psychology Network.
- From Dr. Peter Breggin and Ginger Ross Breggin, authors of many books on psychiatry, the Center for Study of Psychiatry and Psychology.
- Support Coalition. a grassroots alliance of more than 40 advocacy, support and human rights groups.
- Windhorse Associates is an innovative treatment program for persons recovering from life-disruptive mental illneses. This non-profit organization, led by a coalition of professionals, family members and mental health consumers, provides community-based treatment. Founded in 1981.
- NARPA NARPA's fundamental mission is to help empower people who have been labeled mentally disabled so that they may learn to independently exercise their rights.
- The Committee for Truth in Psychiatry. international organization of electric shock survivors.
- Madness: Many files, some beautiful writings by Madness members , activism links, helpful information.
- Successful Schizophrenia: Psychiatry Deconstruction Zone! great stuff, including stories of people who have succeeded in spite of torment at the hands of the system.
- Mental Health Law Project, from the Georgia Legal Aid system. Advocacy on behalf of people in state psychiatric facilities.
- Sacred Transformations: Stories have power. These stories range from the extraordinary - near-death experiences, mystical experiences, spiritual emergencies, ufo abductions - What all these human experiences have in common is their ability to transform.
- PSALMS The Psychiatric Survivor Advocacy/Liberation Movement Systems.
- Psychiatric Survivors Guide.full of information and essays on surviving the psychiatric system.
- Consumer Guide to Mental Health operates on the idea that the best comfort and understanding usually comes from those who have learned to live with their own madness.
- National Mental Health Consumers' Self- Help Clearinghouse provides training and information on getting involved in the consumer/survivor movement. Its publications, The Key and People First are now online.
- Dr. Grohol's Mental Health Pages Dr. Grohol's pages include lots of links to other sites, including his own rating guide, newsgroups, mailing lists, as well as his own work.
- Dr. John Grohol's thoughts on new mental disorders. A great commentary!
- Psybernut's Home Page will entertain you on your road to mental health.
- Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN) provides information about mental health via toll-free telephone services, an electronic bulletin board, and publications.
- Justice In Mental Health Organization: A consumer-led advocacy and empowerment group based on "Self-Worth, Self-Respect, Empowerment, Dignity and Justice.
- National Mental Health Association,300 affiliates nationwide, was founded in 1909 by Clifford W. Beers, a former psychiatric patient.
Bonjour de Montreal! Action Autonomie Inc. doesn't have a web site yet, but this non-profit organization is dedicated to the defense of rights of persons with "emotional" problems for the city of Montreal. Just to tell you we exist and are recently hooked-up on internet. Phone: (514) 525-5060 (FAX: 525-5580)
Empowerment and Self-Determination What some are doing to FIGHT BACK!
- Support Coalition empowers, informs and advocates! Heal Normality! A great site!
- The ALEPPOS (A Long-Enduring Proud People Of Suffering) Foundation was established for the most invisible persons, those labeled mentally ill.
- Increasing consumer voice From the Reason Foundation: leads to improved quality and lower costs for services to the mentally ill.
- Joe Rogers is a national psychiatric rights activist in Pennsylvania. He has worked hard and long to fight for our rights.
- Ed Knight, was laughed at by his doctor when he said he wanted to work in mental health. He fought back helping to organize some 400 self-help groups and 25 non-profit mental health agencies throughout the state.
- Haunted excerpt from Dr. Laura Slater's book "Welcome to My Country." Slater has to battle her own demons and face her own past as a mental patient, during her time now as a therapist.
- Real Change. newspaper is written by the homeless. This is a wonderful project information on starting your own homeless newspaper.
Madness is more than a mailing list, it's a way of life. The members of Madness share diverse opinions on psychiatry and the mental health system.
neuroleptics information that you should read.
- Lawsuit against Illinois: The ACLU has filed a class-action suit against Illinois and Gov. Jim Edgar for the deplorable conditions in Illinois psychiatric hospitals. Find out about the lawsuit and the abuse and neglect that occurs daily in Illinois.
A similar lawsuit in Florida, SANBOURNE v. CHILES. important lawsuit.
******************* NOTE OF INTEREST ***************************
I have been caring for the American Way of life for a while now.... you can see the other part of me on the other Web Site that I also maintain. That Web-Site deal's with the POW/MIA Issue Please visit it and get involved there are still men left behind and they need your help also.
Visit " THE REAPER'S EDGE A POW's SCREAMED ECHO IN CYBERSPACE "
Back to starting page. .......Contacting Jose via E-Mail..Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org