ASSOCIATIONS and ORGANIZATIONS
- Academy of Counseling Psychology (ACoP)Includes the ACoP Newsletter.
- Academy of Organizational and Occupational Psychiatry Membership information.
- Administrators in Academic Psychiatry Provides education and networking opportunities for administrators of psychiatric programs.
- Alabama Psychological Association Contains job openings, a membership directory, and announcements.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry lots of resources, including the Facts for Families brochures for parents.
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)This site provides information to both medical professionals and to the public.
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law (AAPL) An organization of psychiatrists dedicated to excellence in practice, teaching, and research in forensic psychiatry.
- American Academy of Psychotherapists (AAP)Contains membership information, subscription information for the AAP quarterly journal and newsletter.
- American Art Therapy Association (AATA)This national non-profit organization throughout the United States. Chapters conduct meetings and activities which promote the field of art therapy at the local level.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)Includes the journal Science
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AAEM)Dedicated solely to the scientifically-based advancement of electrodiagnostic medicine.
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry The American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry is dedicated to promoting the mental health and well being of older people.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy The professional association for the field of marriage and family therapy (MFTs) from the United States, Canada and abroad.
- American Association of Pastoral Counselors Includes information on certification, membership, and code of ethics.
- American Association of Suicidology (AAS) promotes research, public awareness programs, education, training for professionals and volunteers.
- American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work Committed to setting and upholding national practice standards.
- American Board of Professional Neuropsychology - University of Memphis Provides general membership/application information. The entire examination process is provided in outline form.
- American Board of Professional Psychology The American Board of Professional Psychology offers certification as a specialist in professional psychology.
- American Counseling Association An educational, scientific and professional organization whose members are dedicated to the enhancement of human development throughout the life span.
- American Dance Therapy Association
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)Home for many educational and instructional psychologists.
- American Evaluation Association (AEA) The AEA is a professional association dedicated to all aspects of evaluation in a wide range of settings. It offers Program Evaluation Standards.
- American Medical Association - American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Association consumer brochures on many mental disorders.
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)Describes the structure and work of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association.
- American Psychoanalytic Association The site includes the American Psychoanalyst, the official newsletter of the Association.
- American Psychoanalytic Foundation
- American Psychological Association Divisions of the APA on the Web:
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct
- Teaching of Psychology
- The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
- The Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (Newsletter only)
- School Psychology (Convention information only)
- Adult Development and Aging
- The Society for Consumer Psychology
- History of Psychology
- Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse Division 28's Tobacco Information Page
- Addictions (Newsletter only)
- The Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity
- American Psychological Society (APS)
- American Sleep Disorders Association A professional medical association representing practitioners of sleep medicine and sleep research.
- The American Society of Clinical Hypnosis - The American Society of Clinical HypnosisThe American Society of Clinical Hypnosis is a not-for-profit corporation.
- Animal Behaviour Society (ABS)
- Anxiety Disorders Association of American Dedicated to promoting the prevention and cure of anxiety disorders.
- Asian American Psychological Association (AAPA) A national organization for psychologists dedicated to serving the Asian American community.
- Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (AATBS) Offers preparation programs for licensing exams in the mental health fields.
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback AAPB's mission is to advance the development, dissemination and utilization of knowledge about applied psychophysiology and biofeedback to improve health.
- Association of Black Psychologists The Association of Black Psychologists is the leader and international resource for addressing the psychological needs of African people in the diaspora.
- Association for Continuing Education in Psychology (ACEP)
- Association for Death Education and Counseling An international, multidisciplinary organization dedicated to improving the quality of education, counseling and care-giving pertaining to dying, death, grief and loss.
- Association for Humanistic Psychology (AHP) "An international community of people with diverse talents and interests who are dedicated to the exploration, healing and expansion of the human psyche.
- Association of Managed Care Providers
- Association of Neuroscience Departments & Programs is an independent, nonprofit, academically oriented organization which shares many interests with the Society for Neuroscience.
- Association of Occupational Therapists in Mental Health Describes the structure and work of the Association of Occupational Therapists in Mental Health.
- Association for Psychological Type (APT) An international membership organization open to any individual interested in personality type members come from a variety of professions including positions in business and industry, organization development, religion, education, psychotherapy and counseling.
- Association for Transpersonal Psychology Based on observations and practices from many cultures, the transpersonal perspective is informed by modern psychology, the humanities and human sciences, as well as contemporary spiritual disciplines and the wisdom traditions.
- Australian Medical Association This site is provided as a service for both its members and the public. Key concerns include ethics, political representation, the promotion of medical education and research, and the improvement of public health.
- Australian Psychological Society Membership, division, and conference information. Includes the Australian Psychological Society Code Of Professional Conduct.
- Belgian Psychological Society Information concerning membership, publications, activities, and news.
- British Psychological Society Includes details on how to join the Society, a list of contacts by department, and information on conferences, publications, and advertising.
- California Psychological Association - non-profit professional association for licensed psychologists and others affiliated with the delivery of psychological services.
- San Diego Psychological Association
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) This is the home page of the Metro Toronto branch. It provides information on mental health and mental illness with links to other mental health resources on the Internet.
- Canadian Psychiatric Association an online library. A french version is available.
- Canadian Psychoanalytic Society Contains general information on psychoanalysis.
- Canadian Psychological Association Sections on the Web:History and Philosophy of Psychology
- Canadian Society for Brain, Behaviour and Cognitive Science
- Chicago Association for Psychoanalytic Psychology CAPP is a non-profit professional organization consisting of clinical psychologists and other mental health professionals.
- The Clifford Beers Foundation non-profit charity dedicated to the promotion of mental health and the prevention of mental illness. Primarily European based, the charity links universities and organizations.
- Connecticut Psychological Association
- Council of Canadian Departments of Psychology (CCDP)
- European Health Psychology Society (EHPS) A professional organization formed to promote empirical and theoretical research in, and applications of health psychology within Europe.
- Federation of Private Practicing Psychologists For those interested in private practice issues in Australia.
- German Psychological Society - DGP Promotes scientific psychology in German speaking countries. Text is available in English and German.
- The Gerontological Society of America News and information about the Society.
- Human Behavior and Evolution Society
- Japan Clinical Psychology Association is in Japanese. Nippon desu!!
- Illinois Psychological Association General information about the Association.
- International Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP)
- International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP)
- International Association of Ecological Psychology (IAEP)
- International Association of Group Psychotherapy A listing of the Executive and Board of Directors and information on the 13th International Congress.
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC) Disseminates first-class publications and media products, for exploration of family-related issues.
- International Association of Spiritual Psychiatry (IASP) The association will try to participate in the creation of a psycho-spiritual medicine integrating scientific thought and mystical insight.
- International Network for the Definition of Death Covers ethical and medical issues related to diagnosis and differentiation of brain death, coma, persistent vegetative state.
- International Society for Psychophysics (ISP) Contains general information on the Society.
- International Society for the Study of Dissociation Membership information, a sampling of titles of recent articles published in Dissociation Journal.
- International Society for the Study of Personal Relationships (ISSPR)
- The International Society of Technology Assessment in Health Care "To encourage research, education, cooperation and the exchange of information.
- The International Transactional Analysis Association . As a form of psychotherapy it is professional yet consumer-friendly.
- InterPsych A non-profit making, voluntary organization, established on the Internet with the aim of promoting international scholarly collaboration on inter-disciplinary research and intervention efforts in the field of psychopathology.
- Israel Psychologist & Psychotherapist Home Page Conferences, articles, titles of psychological studies concerning Israel.
- Italian Psychoanalytic Society A Component Society of the International Psychoanalytic Association (IPA), which was founded by Sigmund Freud.
- The Jean Piaget Society Interdisciplinary group dedicated to exploring the developmental construction of human knowledge.
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) The mission of the Joint Commission is to improve the quality of care provided to the public by providing health care accreditation and related services that support performance improvement in health care organizations.
- LERN Legal Research Network. The mission of LERN is to network attorneys and expert witnesses in an on-line environment, and use online technology to reduce the costs associated with locating the best expert for a case.
- Mental Health Association - Metro Atlanta
- National Academy of Neuropsychology The Academy is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge in the understanding, assessment and remediation of brain dysfunction. Professional issues are covered through essays, opinions and announcements.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- National Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors
- National Association of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapists, The (NACBT) Promotes cognitive-behavioral psychotherapies as being therapeutically effective, cost-effective, and time-limited treatment methods.
- National Association of Mental Health Information Officers - Ghost Writers NAMHIO exists to enhance public understanding of mental illness, developmental disabilities and substance abuse.
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- National Association For Self-Esteem
- National Association of Test Directors This professional organization is aligned with NCME, AERA, and the Division of Research and Evaluation for the advancement of sound evaluation practice in elementary secondary education.
- National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH) Certifies professionals with a masters or doctorate degree in one of the mental health specialties (including medicine and nursing with appropriate specialty) and with additional training and experience in hypnosis.
- National Coalition of Mental Health Professionals & Consumers A national, grass-roots, action organization dedicated to fighting the negative impact of managed care on both clients and professionals, while advocating fair and reasonable health care reform.
- National Institute of Mental Health - U.S. government Includes informational brochures on mental health and illness, as well as grant information for professionals.
- National Mental Health Association
- National Organization of Rare Disorders
- New York State Psychological Association The New York State affiliate of the American Psychological Association.
- Ontario Mental Health Foundation ..aims to promote mental health, to prevent mental illness and to improve diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Oregon Psychological Association An affiliate of the American Psychological Association.
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association (PPA) Contains information on research, continuing education, conventions, and the Pennsylvania Psychological Foundation.
- Professional Academy of Custody Evaluators (PACE) is a private, non-profit corporation and membership organization that registers Custody Evaluators based on specific criteria.
- Radical Psychology Network #2 An international membership organization of psychologists and others who seek to transform society as well as the practice of psychology.
- San Francisco Psychoanalytic Institute and Society A nonprofit organization,The Institute provides training in formal psychoanalysis and psychotherapy.
- Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics (SABE) welcomes the use of psychology, sociology, history, political science, biology, and other disciplines to assist in furthering our understanding of economic choice.
- Society of Behavioral Medicine - Syracuse University... fosters the development and application of knowledge on the relationships among health, illness, and behavior.
- Society of Behavioral Neuroendocrinology Committed to understanding the interaction between behavior and neuroendocrine function.
- Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences
- The Society for Computers in Psychology (SCiP)
- The Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration - Adelphi University,,The primary objectives of SEPI are to encourage communication and to serve as a reference group for individuals interested in exploring the interface between differing approaches to psychotherapy.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology ...Includes membership information and TIP, the official newsletter for the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology.
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making (SJDM) An interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the study of normative, descriptive, and prescriptive theories of decision.
- The Society for Light Treatment and Biological Rhythms (SLTBR) not-for-profit , dedicated to fostering research, professional development and clinical applications in the fields of light therapy and biological rhythms.
- Society for Neuroscience (SFN)
- Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI)
- Society for Quantitative Analyses of Behavior (SQAB) information for those interested in registration and membership.
- Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology (APA Div 12, Section III) Offering informative information about the Society, its officers, membership information, employment opportunities.
- Swiss Psychological Society ..Most of the text is in German and French.
- Tennessee Association for Behavior Analysis ....TABA is the place for Tennessee's behavior analysts to network, exchange information, and share in a common voice for the discipline.
- Texas Association for Play Therapy Provides membership information, a membership application, and conference dates.
- World Federation of Therapeutic Communities (WFTC) The goal of The World Federation of Therapeutic Communities is to widen recognition and acceptance of the Therapeutic Community and the Therapeutic Community approach among health organizations.
Psychiatric Nursing Communication Network's on the Web.
Psychiatric nursing - new list for psychiatric nurses. 10 - 15 mails/ 24 hours. No questions asked - but is for psychiatric nurses. You can send a mail to:
with this text in the body: subscribe psychiatric nursing
Psynurse - a mailinglist for psychiatric nurses- you have to answer to some questions to become a member. The list is only for psychiatric nurses. You can send mail to
with this text in the body: subscribe psynurseNursenet- The big list on every nursing theme. 50- 70 mails/24 hours. You can send mail to:
In the body of the note say only: sub nursenet yourfirstname yourlastname
******************* NOTE OF INTEREST ***************************
I have been caring for the American Way of life for a while now.... you can see the other part of me on the other Web Site that I also maintain. That Web-Site deal's with the POW/MIA Issue Please visit it and get involved there are still men left behind and they need your help also.
Visit " THE REAPER'S EDGE A POW's SCREAMED ECHO IN CYBERSPACE "
Back to starting page. .......Contacting Jose via E-Mail..Mailto:email@example.com